Happy Memorial Day, All!
In case you didn’t know, In 2013, President Obama proclaimed May as National Mental Health Awareness Month and brought the issue of mental health to the forefront of our nation’s thoughts. As we bring this Mental Health Awareness Month, below are reasons we’d love for you guys to come check out Takoma Park’s Mental Health Awareness Week, starting TOMORROW NIGHT, Tuesday, May 26th to Saturday, May 30th. 7-9pm nightly, 6:30-7pm light refreshments will be available!
If you haven’t already, check out OUR PROMO VIDEO!
- IT’S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!!! – When was the last time any church you know has ever done a ‘Week of Prayer’ specifically tailored towards bringing awareness to Mental Health Issues?
- YOU’LL GET TO HEAR FROM PROFESSIONALS EVERY NIGHT! – TUESDAY – Stress (Mario Broussard); WEDNESDAY – Anger (Jon Thomas), THURSDAY+FRIDAY – Depression + Suicide (Anita Hughes) NOTE: Registration for these 2 nights is required, see below; SATURDAY – Treatment (Esther Saggurthi) . They will also share positive, helpful and practical tips and techniques to help us or people we know get through some of the toughest experiences in their lives! Exactly what Jesus would want us to do!
- WILL BE HELD IN A JUDGEMENT FREE, SAFE AND SHARING ENVIRONMENT – We will clearly explain that what is shared and discussed is to remain in the room. We want you to come SHARE YOUR STORY!
- IT’S FREE!! – Most discussions of this sort would cost us at least something but we know you’ll get value and time well spent being part of this amazing week!
- WE’LL EVEN WATCH YOUR KIDS! – We’re offering child care with great interactive activities for them while you can focus on the powerful, life changing knowledge to help yourself or someone you know overcome! P.S. We have background checked and trained staff that will be responsible to care for your precious children, something our church takes very seriously. If you have a child coming, kindly email us their name, age and what night you’re coming: email@example.com
If you aren’t able to make it out, remember us in PRAYER.
Lastly, remember to register NOW for free tickets On May 28 and May 29, due to the sensitive nature of the topics on both of these days on Suicide & Depression, seating is limited to only 50 seats.
Please register at : http://www.eventbrite.com/e/mental-health-awareness-week-tickets-16822785404
Be blessed and be a blessing!